Tuesday 16 June 2020

Sky and Fallen Leaf

Her POV.

Fallen leaf reminds me of you. Especially that golden one, you said that it felt like autumn whenever they fall. You've always get head over heels over those fallen leaf, saying that it is fine for not having snow in here. As long as there's a fallen leaf. Seemingly, you'd prefer autumn over winter. 

Witnessing your obsession over fallen leaf, over years, and you laughed at me for obsessing over the sky?

Fallen leaf dancing with the winds. Some wanders to the sky and some, settle down on earth. That's what you said. I ponder on that, for quite some time to actually fathom it. You showed me that even those fallen leaf that has been grounded on earth for some time, could still wakes and play with the winds. They could even wander to the sky, again.

We both watched that, that day. Those leaf swirling and dancing with the winds, at that hidden corner we used to pass by whenever we walk along the pavement. I was amaze, to be honest. In that hidden corner, there's actually a winds? And you said,

"Everything is possible."

With that sneaky smile, and starry eyes, you looked at those fallen leaf with admiration, or should I say, obsession?

I couldn't help myself, not anymore.

"Do you trust me?"

It took me some time, I was contemplating. Those eyes, it is really hard for me to read. But, I smiled anyways.

"I trust you."

While we both watched over those fallen leaf, thousands of thoughts sneak in. It seems, I'll never be able to look at fallen leaf the same way before. With you.


His POV.

She laughed when I said that fallen leaf is magical. I'm seeing one, at that moment.

Mirroring her, I laughed over her obsession on the sky. She had this weird imagination where she said that behind those clouds in the sky, there is her Toothless. It's a fictional character, I bet from Disney? It was just a mere lightning, she knows that too.

Every time we walk along the pavement, she would tell me the figures that she sees in the sky. The clouds. That it looks like a dragon, a mouse, a kettle and some scenes I couldn't see it coming. Even a cotton candy. Her obsession over sweets too. 

I wouldn't realized that the sky would be as beautiful as the fallen leaf. I thought that sky, is just a sky. Is it because I was too focusing over one thing, that I missed the other things?

The sky. It never had the same blue, ever since that day. Just like the fallen leaf, it never dance the same rhythm with the winds. Them both, stand out beautiful in their own ways.

"He's beautiful isn't he?"

Caught off guard staring at the sky, I was flustered.

"It's a he?"

"I decided to, for it reminds me of.." she paused, "..starry eyes." 

Her smile. There's something in it, it is really hard for me to read.

Watching over the sky, my imagination sprouts. It seems, I'll never be able to look at the sky the same way as before. With you.


My rough draft on sky, I couldn't write it the same for there's always new things I want to add. Hmm.

Original draft of fallen leaf, do you ponder on the fallen leaf too?



No comments:

Post a Comment